The aim of this course is to produce a Class 4 vehicle operator that will have the knowledge, skills and attributes for all essential areas of the units of competency covered in the Class 4 vehicle course undertaken, enabling the individual to drive effectively and safely. The trainee will also be able to demonstrate the appropriate responsibilities of a driver of a Class 4 vehicle with emphasis on accident prevention and driver responsibility.
Class 4 Licence
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Identify driving hazards associated with a rigid vehicle and describe measures to reduce the risks associated with the identified hazards.
- Describe requirements relating to safe loading of a rigid vehicle and driving techniques that minimise the adverse effects of a high centre of gravity.
- Carry out a pre-use walk-around inspection of a rigid vehicle.
- Drive a rigid vehicle efficiently in different traffic and road conditions.
- Manoeuvre a rigid vehicle in reverse.
- Park, shut down, and secure a rigid vehicle.
- Complete driver logbook entries.
Unit Standard 24089 - Demonstrate knowledge of fatigue management, work time, and driver logbook requirements
A Class 4 Learner's License
Note: To obtain the class 4 learners licence the individual must have held a Class 2 full licence for a period of six months prior or for at least three months, if aged 25 or over.
spaces available $