The aim of this course is to enable a trainee to use, install and disestablish proprietary fall arrest systems when working at height.
Working at Height Advanced
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Identify anchor points
- Use proprietary fall arrest systems
- Install and disestablish straightforward proprietary fall arrest systems using designated anchor points
- Demonstrate knowledge of the hazards associated with wearing a safety harness and associated equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety harnesses and associated systems and equipment
- Check and fit a safety harness
- Use a safety harness where a fall hazard exists at height
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rescue plan to be activated in the event of a fall
- Retrieve a worker trapped within a system.
Those qualified with unit 15757 will be able to work unsupervised as well as supervise and manage a group or team.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
Please note: these units have a three year expiry.
Refreshing learning outcomes above for unit standards 23229, 25045, and 15757. OPTIONAL UNIT: 17600
$290 excl. GST per person
*Unit Standards will not be awarded on completion of a Refreshers course. Please see here for further detail.
spaces available $