At the successful completion of this course a trainee will be able to: identify and describe legislative rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety; describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety; and explain how hazards are defined in the HSW Act.
Workplace Health and Safety Requirements
Duration 4 hours
Price $190.00 ex GST per person
Unit Standard 497
Theory lessons covering the following:
- Responsibilities of employers under the HSW Act are identified and described
- Responsibilities and rights of employees under the HSW Act are identified and described
- Describe the systems approach to workplace health and safety
- The hierarchy of hazard management controls is described interms of eliminating and minimising hazards
- Explain how hazards are defined in the HSW Act.
Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements.
Number of attendees
spaces available $