At the successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Describe the structure and function of the spine.
- Identify the risk factors for occupational back injury.
- Identify back care techniques.
- Identify work place control measures to reduce the risk of back injury.
- Describe what is meant by Discomfort, Pain and Injury (DPI).
- Outline the groups of contributory factors and how they combine to result in DPI.
- Describe the contributory factors individuals and workplaces need to consider when preventing and managing DPI.
- Outline measures used to manage the risks to staff experiencing DPI.