The purpose of this standard is for representatives to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
Health and Safety Representative (Stage 1)
Duration 2 days
Price $545.00 ex GST per person
Unit Standard 29315
Unit Standard 30264
At the completion of this course, successful trainees will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its regulations
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Describe and demonstrate the powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN)
- Describe the rights & process for ceasing unsafe work
- Describe key health and safety documentation
- Describe key roles in terms of worker participation and engagement.
This course provides credits towards the NZ certificate in Workplace Health & Safety Practice (Level 3)
Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
Describe duties, rights, representation and the regulator in terms of New Zealand health and safety legislation.
Number of attendees
spaces available $