The purpose of this standard is for representatives to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
Health and Safety Representative (Stage 1)
Duration 2 days
Price $545.00 ex GST per person
Unit Standard 29315
Unit Standard 30264
At the completion of this course, successful trainees will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its regulations
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Describe and demonstrate the powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN)
- Describe the rights & process for ceasing unsafe work
- Describe key health and safety documentation
- Describe key roles in terms of worker participation and engagement.
This course provides credits towards the NZ certificate in Workplace Health & Safety Practice (Level 3)
Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
Describe duties, rights, representation and the regulator in terms of New Zealand health and safety legislation.
For more information visit our FAQs and Important Information.
Number of attendees
spaces available $