At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the fire classes and fire suppression techniques, select and implement a strategy to deal with fire. The successful trainee will also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of fire chemistry and physics.
Duration 4 hours
Price $185.00 ex GST per person
Unit Standard 3271
Unit Standard 4647
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fire classes and fire suppression techniques
- Select and implement a strategy to deal with fire
- Explain the use of fire blankets and their limitations
- Apply safety actions when dealing with a fire
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic principles and physical dynamics of fire.
PPE & DRESS
- Your staff will be required to be dressed in long pants and long sleeved tops
- No polyester fabrics, fully covered footwear, cotton material preferred
- VHNZ will provide fire retardant gloves and full face shield
- Long hair to be tied up
- VHNZ will administer Fire Permits when needed.
Suppress fire with hand extinguishers and fixed hose reels (practical)
Explain principles of fire science
For more information visit our FAQs and Important Information.
Number of attendees
spaces available $