At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the fire classes and fire suppression techniques, select and implement a strategy to deal with fire and demonstrate knowledge of evacuation requirements for a particular workplace or site, and explain the duties of a Fire and Emergency Warden.
Fire Extinguisher and Warden
Duration 1 day
Price $305.00 ex GST per person
Unit Standard 18408
Unit Standard 3271
Unit Standard 4647
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fire classes and fire suppression techniques.
- Select and implement a strategy to deal with fire.
- Explain the use of fire blankets and their limitations.
- Apply safety actions when dealing with a fire.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fire and Emergency Warden duties in the workplace.
- Demonstrate knowledge of evacuation requirements for a particular workplace or site.
- Explain the duties of a Fire and Emergency Warden.
PPE & Dress
- You will be required to be dressed in long pants and long sleeved tops.
- No polyester fabrics (cotton material preferred), fully covered footwear.
- VHNZ will provide fire retardant gloves and full face shield.
- Long hair to be tied up.
- VHNZ will administer Fire Permits when needed.
Demonstrate knowledge of fire and emergency warden duties in the workplace.
Suppress fire with hand extinguishers and fixed hose reels (practical)
Explain principles of fire science
Number of attendees
spaces available $