People credited with this unit standard are able to configure a non-slewing articulated crane, lift and place regular loads, and complete associated documentation. Note that the Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace or equivalent. Telehandlers cannot be used for assessment against this unit standard.
Non-Slewing Articulated Crane
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Mobilise, position and configure a non-slewing articulated crane
- Lift and place regular loads
- Travel the crane with a load on the hook
- Complete documentation for lifting and placing regular loads and to travel the crane with a load on the hook
- Prepare a non-slewing articulated crane for road travel mode, and complete documentation.
It is recommended that trainees have at least three months experience working in a crane workplace before attending the course. Trainees may attend the course without this experience but may be required to work for three months in a crane workplace before being awarded the unit standard.
Unit Standard 3789 - Sling varied regular loads and safely direct a crane during crane operations: or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
VHNZ can provide training for US 3789. To organise, please contact a VHNZ representative.
To complete this Unit Standard evidence is required of a minimum of 40 verified lifts (slinging and directing of load) with at least 6 variations of lifting operations (site, crane, loads, and communications methods). At least two irregular loads, including one in which centre of gravity is offset, must be observed by the assessor.
spaces available $