The aim of this course is to train learners to look for, recognise and safely control hazards and risk on a contaminated site. People credited with this certificate have the knowledge to operate safely on a contaminated site.
Contaminated Site Safety Certificate
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Explain their responsibility to look for, identify and control for hazards and risks on an actual or potentially contaminated site
- Identify the health risks of a number of contaminants they may find on a contaminated work site
- Identify appropriate controls to minimise the risks of a number of contaminants they may find on a work site
- Don appropriate PPE, and remove it safely (without cross contamination), and decontaminate tools and equipment
- Create a procedure, including the selection of appropriate PPE, to safely sample a contaminated site in context of a HSEP
- Respond safely to discovering an unexpected contaminant
- Respond appropriately to a site emergency.
Trainee must be a member of ALGA or WasteMINZ, already be inducted into their employer procedures and hold a Site Safe Certificate (or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills) before attending this course.
spaces available $