This course is designed to inform workers in the construction industry about asbestos, including its uses, health hazards and the safety procedures that should be followed when it is present.
Duration 4 hours
Price $190.00 ex GST per person
Unit Standard 2138
After successfully completing this course trainees will be able to:
- Describe asbestos and its uses in the building industry.
- Identify common asbestos products used in the building industry.
- Describe the health hazards of common asbestos products.
- Identify relevant legislation, codes of practice, and guidelines used to help manage the health hazards of asbestos.
- Describe safety procedures to follow when asbestos is identified in the building industry including its reporting and isolation.
- Describe the requirements to remove and dispose of asbestos.
This course will soon be available via online learning.
Demonstrate knowledge of asbestos and safety procedures
Number of attendees
spaces available $