This course is for people working or intending to work in the primary sector (rural or horticulture). It enables the learner to use chainsaws safely.
Operate a Chainsaw in the Primary Industry (Level 3)
Safe use of Chainsaws in Pest Control or Primary Sector Environments
On completion of this micro-credential, learners will be able to:
- Describe the rules for chainsaw use.
- Describe rules relating to the transport and use of chainsaw fuel.
- Describe PPE and first aid requirements for chainsaw operators.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rules for chainsaw use.
- Disassemble and reassemble a chainsaw, identify its components, and explain their functions.
- Describe the factors that influence the operation of a chainsaw.
- Prepare to operate a chainsaw.
- Start and test a chainsaw.
- Use a chainsaw to make cuts.
This course is funded by PrimaryITO. Candidates must be New Zealand or Australian Citizens or Residents and must be working in a primary industry or pest control environment. Learners will be required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment.
For funding purposes, a training agreement must be signed by the learner, their employer and PrimaryITO. Funding is available until 31 December 2022 through the NZ Governments Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF) after which a fee may be required for incomplete training.
Training will not commence until enrolment and funding is confirmed by PrimaryITO.
Our Teaching Method
Our trainers are all experienced practical people. They speak everyday workplace language and have a wealth of real-life examples to share with our trainees. Trainees are encouraged to ‘have a go’ in a supportive, safe environment.
Who Should Attend
This qualification is intended for people using or intending to use chainsaws in their farm or horticulture workplace.
To be eligible to enrol in full-time or part-time study for this programme, applicants must:
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Be working in a primary industry related workplace or pest control involved with chainsaw use.
- Be physically fit and able to demonstrate physical competency for the skill being trained.
All unit standards listed below are compulsory on completion trainees may be awarded the micro-credential by the Primary ITO.
|Demonstrate knowledge of the rules relating to chainsaw use
|Demonstrate basic chainsaw operation
spaces available $