Staff dealing with passengers in passenger spaces on board passenger ships, must receive additional safety training. The aim is for the student to be able to communicate effectively, apply emergency procedures, and use emergency equipment.
STCW Crowd Management & Passenger Safety
During this course trainees will learn to:
- Contribute to the implementation of shipboard emergency plans and procedures.
- Assist passengers en route to muster and embarkation stations.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with passengers during an emergency.
- Demonstrate to passengers the use of life saving equipment.
- Assist persons during an emergency that have a disability or needing special assistance.
This training meets the requirements of the STCW code Regulation V/2 Para 6 & 7. On successful completion you will be issued with an "STCW Crowd Management Training Certificate of Competence".
This course is accredited by Maritime New Zealand.
- A fully completed and signed enrolment form - Download form here
- Proof of identity - e.g passport, drivers licence etc
Refreshing learning outcomes above for the STCW Crowd Management Training Certificate of Competence.
REQUIREMENT: Refresher course required every 5 years.
spaces available $