To prepare a trainee to function as a Permit Receiver and/or Permit Issuer within the Fonterra Safe Work System.
Fonterra Safe Work Systems
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Understand the types of work permits and the roles of those involved in the Work Permit system.
- Understand the requirements to prepare, receive and undertake work under the permit.
- Describe and carry out the controls and actions to be taken at the end of the work period or upon the completion of work.
- Explain work permit procedures and requirements.
- Ensure the need for work permit is properly identified and the worksite prepared accordingly.
- Issue, monitor, close and audit work permits.
The course requires trainees to demonstrate a level of written and spoken English equivalent to Level 3 English Communication Skills, as trainees must be able to read and interpret Safe Work System documentation, including Health and Safety legislation, and the various permit types and their supporting documentation.
It is recommended that people attending this course hold, as a minimum, the following New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Unit Standard: 30265
Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role.
This can be run either as an Issuer only (US 17590), a Receiver only (US 17588), or as a Receiver/Issuer Combined (US 17588 and 17590).
Refreshing learning outcomes above for unit standards 17590 and 17588 together or individually.
$150 excl. GST per person
*Unit Standards will not be awarded on completion of a Refreshers course. Please see here for further detail.
spaces available $