The purpose of this course is to develop your understanding of the effects of drug and alcohol use and the management of drug and alcohol related problems in a workplace.
Drug and Alcohol Management
Duration 1 day
Price $280.00 ex GST per person
Unit Standard 22316
Unit Standard 22318
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define drug classifications, offences, and penalties in terms of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975;
- Describe the behaviour and protocols that are used when dealing with individuals under the influence of drugs;
- Demonstrate knowledge of obligations and liabilities of an employer in relation to drug and/or alcohol use in the workplace;
- Describe the impact on a company of an employee’s failure to meet legislative and compliance obligations;
- Describe how workers with drug and alcohol related problems are managed in an organisation, and
- Explain the rights and responsibilities of a company when interacting with compliance personnel in relation to drugs and/or alcohol in the workplace.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Any person seeking to improve workplace health and safety and who wants to work in drug and alcohol prevention programmes in the workplace. Trainees do not need to hold a management role but could be carrying out these duties in addition to their everyday role
Completion of this course provides 14 credits toward the VHNZ New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety (Level 3).
OUR TEACHING METHOD
Delivery via face-to-face learning with support from an experienced trainer.
This course is also available via online learning. See e-learn section for further details.
Demonstrate knowledge of the management of drug and alcohol-related problems in the workplace.
Demonstrate knowledge of employer responsibilities in relation to drug and/or alcohol use in the workplace.
For more information visit our FAQs and Important Information.
Number of attendees
spaces available $