The aim of this course is to enable a trainee to demonstrate knowledge of personal protection equipment (PPE), identify electricity systems and apply health and safety within the electricity supply environment.
Electricity Supply Core Skills (WTC1)
Duration 2 days
Unit Standards See unit standards below
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Select electricity supply personal protective equipment. Select electricity network structure climbing equipment
- Use personal protective equipment in an electricity supply environment
- Maintain electricity supply personal protective equipment after use
- Identify electric lines used in the electricity supply industry
- Identify types of conductors and cables used in the transmission and distribution of electricity above and below ground
- Identify function and type of structures used to carry overhead electricity conductors
- Demonstrate knowledge of employer and employee obligations for safety in an electricity supply environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of how health and safety obligations are achieved on electricity supply sites
- Demonstrate knowledge of how control hazards in an electricity supply environment are applied
- Maintain and monitor safety on an electricity supply work site
- Report site safety in an electricity supply environment
- Basic understanding of ECP34 and SMEI.
The course requires a level of fitness to demonstrate competency for the skill being trained.
Use personal protection equipment within an electricity supply environment
Identify electricity systems in preparation for work
Demonstrate knowledge of electricity industry safety statutes and codes
Demonstrate knowledge of and apply health and safety in the electricity supply environment
Number of attendees
spaces available $