This course combines unit standards 30072 and 3800 and recognises the work experience of people with experience in a gantry cranes environment. The aim is to ensure that a crane operator has the knowledge, skills and attributes to operate an overhead crane effectively with an emphasis on accident prevention.
Introduction to Load Slinging and Overhead Crane (Pendant Controlled)
On completion of this e-learning course trainees will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards, hazard control, and lift planning.
- Demonstrate knowledge of lifting gear and working load limit (WLL) tables.
- Demonstrate the process for preparing and slinging regular loads safely.
- Demonstrate knowledge of using a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane.
- Demonstrate knowledge of radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane components, equipment, and attachments.
- Sling, lift, travel, and unload or place regular loads using a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane.
- Park radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane and store equipment.
- Carry out daily and weekly operator maintenance of a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane.
Trainees should have at least three months experience working in a crane workplace before attending this course.
Trainees may attend this course without this experience but may be required to work for three months in a crane workplace before being awarded unit standard 3800.
Our Teaching Method
The course will be divided into two sections, theory and practical.
Note: Assessment must be carried out in a crane workplace using a suitable crane.
To be assessed for these unit standards trainees must have access to a workplace operating an approved radio or pendant controlled overhead crane.
spaces available $