The aim of this course is to enable a trainee to identify hazards and controls within confined spaces; develop an emergency procedure plan; and complete the necessary documentation required for a confined space entry.
Confined Space Hazards
At the successful completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Identify required legal documents covering confined space entry.
- Provide examples of confined spaces, listed and categorised.
- Identify and implement control measures to eliminate, isolate, and minimise the risk of confined space hazards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of monitoring and confined space testing requirements.
- Describe how hazards of confined spaces are identified in terms of their potential for serious harm.
- Describe the responsibilities and duties of people entering confined spaces or conducting observation duties for confined spaces.
- Develop an emergency procedure plan.
Those qualified with unit 18426 (Confined Space Hazards) MUST be in direct supervision by someone qualified with unit 17599 (2 day Confined Space) at all times.
Refreshing learning outcomes above for unit standard 18426
$290 excl. GST per person
*Unit Standards will not be awarded on completion of a Refreshers course. Please see here for further detail.
spaces available $