This course is appropriate for people who use and apply agrichemicals e.g. on farms, orchards, vineyards, forests and/or industry where herbicides and pesticides are used. The successful trainees will be able to prepare and apply agrichemicals using hand held equipment.
At the successful completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Prepare to apply agrichemicals using handheld equipment.
- Apply agrochemicals using handheld equipment.
- Dispose of surplus mix, decontaminate, clean and store equipment, and complete documentation.
- Identify and interpret information for an agrichemical product.
- Describe the routes of entry of agrichemicals into the body when being used, types of agrichemical poisoning, and the role of personal protective equipment.
- Describe basic safety procedures when working with agrichemicals.
- Describe the symptoms of agrichemical poisoning, and first aid measures sourced from agrichemical product information.
For the practical component of the assessment, there are practical tasks on the course and after the course. You are required to undertake a spray activity and provide your spray diary and documentation from your supervisor or employer confirming your competency.
Applicators with a GROWSAFE Basic certificate should be operating under the supervision of someone with a GROWSAFE Standard (or higher) certificate.
Refreshing learning outcomes above for unit standard 27215
*Unit Standards will not be awarded on completion of a Refreshers course. Please see here for further detail.
spaces available $