The micro-credential provides new entrants, career change people and temporary working visa holders who are new to the primary industries with the skills and knowledge to operate a quad bike with trailed equipment, mounted equipment or load, on flat and rolling terrain.
Operate a Quad Bike in the Primary Industry (Level 3)
Who Should Attend
This course is funded by PrimaryITO. Applicants MUST be New Zealand or Australian citizens or residents or overseas workers with temporary working visa that does not expire before completion of the programme.
Applicants must be working in a primary industry environment with access to a safety compliant quad bike and relevant loads for day-to-day on farm use on flat and rolling land.
On completion of this micro-credential, you will be able to:
- Prepare to ride a quad bike on flat terrain in the workplace
- Describe the safe operation of a quad bike
- Describe quad bike riding contingency procedures
- Describe the safe operation of a quad bike with trailed equipment and a mounted load
- Prepare to, and ride a quad bike on flat terrain
- Operate a quad bike with trailed equipment
- Operate a quad bike with mounted equipment or load
- Operate a quad bike on rolling terrain.
This course is funded by PrimaryITO. Applicants MUST be New Zealand or Australian citizens/residents or overseas workers with a temporary working visa that does not expire before completion of the programme.
Applicants must be working in an primary industry environment with access to a safety compliant quad bike and relevant loads for day-to-day on flat and rolling land.
For funding purposes, a training agreement must be signed by the candidate, their employer and PrimaryITO. Funding is available until 31 December 2022 through the NZ Governments Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF) after which a fee may be required for incomplete training.
Training will not commence until enrolment and funding is confirmed by PrimaryITO.
The course investment will vary depending on specific course requirements such as customisation of training location, trainee status, and number of learners.
To be eligible to enrol in full-time or part-time study for this programme, applicants must:
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Learners must have access to a commercial primary industry or agriculture business where quad bikes with attached loads are used in day to day operations on private land with flat and rolling terrain.
- Be physically fit and able to demonstrate physical competency for the skill being trained.
- Have minimum 20 hours experience riding quad bikes in a workplace as evidenced by managers attestation, log books, and/or other evidence. This evidence must be presented prior to or on the first day of the course.
Our Teaching Method
Our trainers are all experienced practical people. They speak everyday workplace language and have a wealth of real-life examples to share with our trainees. Trainees are encouraged to ‘have a go’ in a supportive, safe environment.
Learners who complete this course can gain credits toward the New Zealand Certificate in Primary Industry Operational Skills (Level 3).
All Unit Standards listed below are compulsory on completion trainees may be awarded the micro-credential by the Primary ITO.
|Unit Standard||Unit Description||NZQA
|24554||Operate a quad bike on flat terrain in the workplace under close supervision||4||2|
|24557||Demonstrate knowledge of the safe operation of a quad bike||3||2|
|24559||Operate a quad bike on rolling terrain under limited supervision||4||3|
|24561||Operate a quad bike with trailed equipment under limited supervision||4||3|
|24563||Operate a quad bike with mounted equipment or load under limited supervision||3||3|
For more information visit our FAQs and Important Information.
spaces available $