The Nebosh Introduction to Incident Investigation is a globally recognised qualification that shows how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively. By learning lessons and making improvements, organisations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future.
NEBOSH Introduction to Incident Investigation
This one-day course covers the following topics:
- Identify (or recognise) health and safety legislative and workplace requirements in industry.
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews.
This is a NEBOSH Accredited course. It is not quality assured by NZQA
- Drive down repeat incidents – learn lessons so it doesn’t happen again
- Confidence that your organisation’s approach to investigations is robust
- Improved safety culture by encouraging a proactive approach to incident investigation
- Build in-company expertise
- An approach to incident investigation that reflects best practice.
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be provided with a pack of evidence and shown a video of three witness interviews. You will be asked to review the evidence, evaluate each interview and produce an action plan that will help prevent a recurrence of the incident.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively. Employers, supervisors, health and safety champions, union and safety representatives will benefit.
spaces available $